Taji 100 may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree or are not comfortable with any of the actions described in this policy, your remedy is to discontinue your use of the website. This policy is effective from December 17, 2012.
How we collect information
Other than simply browsing our website, there are a variety of other ways information may be collected from you as you use our website:
- Registering for our challenge
- Making online donations
- Making purchases through our online store
- Subscribing to our email list
What we collect
We may collect the following information, personal information that you choose to supply to Taji 100 and non-personal information:
- Contact information including mailing address and email address
- Demographic information and personal information such as gender, age and zip code
- Cookies that help us recognize when you re-visit our website
- IP address and browsing variables (e.g., domain from which you access the Internet, time you spend at our website, etc.)
Cookies are discussed in more detail below.
What we do with the information we gather
Generally, we request and use this personal information to carry out the transactions that you request, such as registering for an event, making a donation, or purchasing items from our store. We also use information, such as cookies and IP information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience.
More specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Communicate with you to obtain your input, provide information on our programs and events, or request contributions.
- Improve our programs and services.
- Customize the website according to your interests.
- Share information with third parties who help us manage our website and databases.
- Share information with our partners, affiliates, and other third parties who assist us with our activities and programs. These vendors and service providers help us with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing.
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process, including tax filing
- Reserve the right to use non-personal information, such as IP addresses, to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect the compelling interests of the website, our alumni, donors, customers, or others or to comply with laws, court orders, or law enforcement requests.
Is My Credit Card Information Secure?
We we work with companies that process credit card transactions. These companies use encryption and other security processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to them.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is usually removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about this policy or the practices of our website, please contact us.