Walk, jog, run, hike, or elliptical 100 miles within the 28 days of February 2014.
Date & Time
START at 0000 Hours (12:00am) February 1st.
FINISH at 2359 Hours (11:59pm) February 28th.
• Treadmills and elliptical machines are acceptable. Stair climbers, cycling, swimming, etc. are not permitted.
• While GPS devices are encouraged to track your outdoor achievements, they are not required. Please reference the dailymile website for a list of approved compatible GPS devices and apps.
• While many of you may walk a great deal during the duties of your profession (i.e. nurses, postal workers, etc.), using the data from a pedometer/GPS while at work will NOT be accepted. Exception: Work mileage may be accepted if your duties include running, jogging, etc that is designed as a form of exercise (You teach physical fitness, are a personal trainer, dog walker, etc.).
• This is an HONOR SYSTEM! Since competitors in this event will be spread across the globe, there is no way to check on you. Have pride in what you have done and stay truthful about your entries. Integrity.
• Deadline for entries to be calculated into the 2013 Taji100 Challenge is 3/1/14 at 11:59 PST. Entries given after that deadline will not be counted towards divisional placement. Mileage entered on 3/1/14 must have been completed prior to the event deadline of 2/28/14 at 2359 Hours (11:59pm).
• While dailymile does offer the ability to enter mileage days, and even weeks, after the date/time you completed it, we ask that you make an effort to enter the data within a reasonable time after completion. This keeps the standings accurate and allows us at Taji100 to place finishers accordingly in their respective divisions.
• All mileage entries will be collected and managed by Dailymile.com. ALL entries must be submitted through their tracking service. Entries submitted via email to the Taji 100 staff will not be accepted.
• If you do not feel comfortable using the Dailymile product to manage your running/walking data, you may still register with Taji 100 and participate in the event. Please notify us of your intentions to participate without use of Dailymile, and your name will be listed as an Honorable Mention Competitor. You will have full access to all features, events, products, and promotional offers that all Taji 100 competitors are entitled to, but your mileage will not be tracked. Therefore you will be not be eligible for placement in divisional standings and will not receive any of the possible prizes.
• If you cannot complete the objective of 100 miles in 28 days, DO NOT STOP! Your hard work will continue to be tracked in Dailymile long after February. NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!
• While sponsorship is not required, it is HIGHLY encouraged to support your efforts and help raise funds for Wounded Warrior Project.
• The recommended method of sponsorship is to have your sponsor pledge a certain amount for every mile you complete. This can be done up to 100 miles or as many miles as you can do in 28 days.
Example: Your sponsor pledges $0.10 for every mile you complete up to 100 miles. If you complete 100 miles, they donate $10 to Wounded Warrior Project
• You can collect all funding from your sponsors or they can donate their pledged amounts directly to Wounded Warrior Project through our donation page. If you have sponsors donating on your behalf, please email us with who they are so we can keep track of how much donations you are raising.
• Competitors may choose to donate a flat amount to Wounded Warrior Project if obtaining sponsors is not desired.
• Entrance fee for this event is set at $25.00 (US) for Taji Officer.
• The entry fee will be paid as a donation to Wounded Warrior Project through our established donation page. You will be guided to this page through the registration process.
• To better help us track your donations, we ask that you process any donations, as part of the Taji 100 Challenge, through our designated donation page.
• Keeping with the history of this event, there is an option to compete free of charge as a Taji Enlisted. This allows some of us on a financially tight budget to still participate. Selecting the Taji Enlisted option may exclude you from the potential prizes available.
• Competitors will have the ability to donate as much and as frequently as they desire to Wounded Warrior Project regardless of being an Officer or Enlisted.
• If you begin your Taji 100 journey as Enlisted, you can donate to Wounded Warrior Project along the way, and if you eventually donate at least $20 by February 28th at 2359 hours (11:59pm), you will be commissioned to a Taji Officer and placed in divisional standings accordingly.
• Taji 100 is completely nonprofit. Although our 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) status is still in process to become an official non-profit organization, all profits from product sales will be donated directly to Wounded Warrior Project. All financial records and receipts will be posted on our website and Facebook page. Team Taji believes in being completely transparent and we will make every effort to show where every penny is going.
• Everyone that donates to Wounded Warrior Project will be given a receipt of their tax deductible donation(s) directly from Wounded Warrior
• The registration donation does not include any products from Taji 100 or its partners. Purchase of Taji product does not count towards the entrance fee for the event.
• Taji 100 shirts and products may be purchased at any time through the Taji Store.
• Awards, prizes, and services are based solely upon the generosity of our partners and sponsors working with Taji100. Since these items and services are gifts from outside companies, we at Taji100 cannot make any guarantee(s) as the authenticity or quality of the prizes or services donated to us. If there are any problems or concerns with the prizes or services received, we ask that you address those issues with the donating company/agency
• It is highly encouraged to post your accomplishments on the Facebook page, but it is not required. Be proud of your accomplishments! We are very proud of every mile you complete and want to see it displayed proudly. Seeing your achievements will help to motivate others.
• All posts on the Facebook and Dailymile page must be profanity, obscenity, and abusive free. This is a friendly competition! Any competitor found posting abusive, profane, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material will be REMOVED from the competition and may be in forfeit of any and all funds paid.
Health & Safety
• This is a hard challenge. Please be physically and mentally prepared to face it. It is highly encouraged to start running prior to February in preparation. Stay hydrated! That doesn’t mean drink soda and beer. Drink plenty of water and eat! You will be burning a lot of calories so stay fueled.
• Use the proper footwear, equipment and clothing dependant on your running environment. If you feel any pain, stop immediately and seek appropriate medical care. Only you can know when to stop so please use common sense. Due to the abundance of dangerous drivers these days, use caution when running outside.
• Obey all local, state and federal laws.
• Team Taji recommends that you consult your primary care physician before beginning the Taji 100 Challenge, any new exercise/ workout program, or new diet.