Walk, jog, run, hike, or elliptical 100 miles within the 28 days of February 2017.
Date & Time
START at 0000 Hours (12:00am) February 1st.
FINISH at 2359 Hours (11:59pm) February 28th.
Time zone is based on your local time.
• Treadmills and elliptical machines are acceptable. Stair climbers, cycling, swimming, rollerblading, hot air ballooning, hover boarding, etc. are NOT PERMITTED.
• While GPS devices are encouraged to track your outdoor achievements, they are not required. Taji 100 is currently not capable of linking GPS devices to your account, or the linking of your taji account to other types of athletic tracking services.
• While many of you may walk a great deal during the duties of your profession (i.e. nurses, postal workers, etc.), using the data from a pedometer/GPS while at work will NOT be accepted. Exception: Work mileage may be accepted if your duties include running, jogging, etc that is designed as a form of exercise (You teach physical fitness, are a personal trainer, professional dog walker, etc.).
• This is an HONOR SYSTEM! Since competitors in this event will be spread across the globe, there is no way to check on you. Have pride in what you have done and stay truthful about your entries. Honor. Integrity.
• Deadline for entries to be calculated into the 2017 Taji100 Challenge is 3/1/17 at 2359 hours (11:59pm) PST. Entries given after that deadline will not be counted towards divisional placement. Mileage entered on 3/1/17 must have been completed prior to the event deadline of 2/28/17 at 2359 Hours (11:59pm).
• While taji100.com does offer the ability to enter mileage days, and even weeks, after the actual date/time you completed the workout, we ask that you make an effort to enter the data within a reasonable time after completion. This keeps the standings accurate and allows us at Taji 100 to place finishers accordingly in their respective divisions.
• All mileage entries will be collected and managed by taji100.com. ALL entries must be submitted through our tracking service. Entries submitted via email to the Taji 100 staff, or recorded on another service, will not be accepted.
• If you do not feel comfortable using the taji100.com site to manage your running/walking data, you may still register with Taji 100 and participate in the event. Please notify us of your intentions to participate without use of our online tracking service, and your name will be listed as an “Honorable Mention Competitor”. You will have full access to all features, events, products, and promotional offers that all Taji 100 competitors are entitled to, but your mileage will not be tracked. Therefore you will be not be eligible for placement in divisional standings, and will not receive any of the possible prizes.
• While sponsorship is not required, it is HIGHLY encouraged to support your efforts and help raise funds for Team RWB.
• The recommended method of sponsorship is to have your sponsor pledge a certain amount for every mile you complete. This can be done up to 100 miles or as many miles as you can do in 28 days.
Example: Your sponsor pledges $0.10 for every mile you complete up to 100 miles. If you complete 100 miles, they donate $10 to Team RWB
• Entrance “fee” for this event is a minimum $25.00 (US) donation to Team RWB.
• The entry fee will be paid as a donation to Team RWB through our webpage. You will be guided to this page through the registration process.
• To help us track your donations, we ask that you process any donations, as part of the Taji 100 Challenge, through our webpage.
• Keeping with the history of this event, there is an option to compete free of charge. This allows some of us on a financially tight budget to still participate. Participating as a non-donating competitor will still allow you access to all of the same features and benefits a donating member would, but you will not be eligible for any prizes or free items giveaways. To compete free of charge, simply enter “0.00” in the donation field during the registration process.
• Competitors will have the ability to donate as much and as frequently as they desire.
• Taji 100 uses PayPal to process all financial transactions. PayPal is a business and they charge for their services. Donations are subject to their service fee. PayPal currently charges 2.7% + $0.30 on each transaction. We are currently not a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) organization. All donations (minus the PayPal service fees) will be given directly to Team RWB. Taji 100 is completely nonprofit.
No member of the Taji 100 staff receives monetary compensation for their time and hard work!
All financial records and receipts will be posted on our website, Facebook page, and emailed to all registered users. Team Taji believes in being completely transparent and we will make every effort to show where every penny is going.
• Since we are not a 501(c)(3) organization, we cannot give you a receipt for tax deduction purposes. Please consult your tax preparation professional about using your PayPal receipt(s) to for deduction purposes.
• The registration donation does not include any product(s) from Taji 100 or its partners. Purchase of Taji product does not count towards the entrance fee for the event.
• Taji 100 shirts and products may be purchased at any time through the Taji Store.
• Awards, prizes, and services are based solely upon the generosity of our partners, sponsors and supporters. Since these items and services are gifts from outside companies, we at Taji100 cannot make any guarantee(s) as the authenticity or quality of the prizes or services. If there are any problems or concerns with the prizes or services received, we ask that you address those issues with the donating company/agency
• It is highly encouraged to post your accomplishments on the Facebook page, but it is not required. Be proud of your accomplishments! We are very proud of every mile you complete and want to see it displayed proudly. Seeing your achievements will help to motivate others.
• All posts must be profanity, obscenity, and abusive free. This is a friendly competition! Any competitor found posting abusive, profane, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material will be REMOVED from the competition and may be in forfeit of any and all funds paid.
Health & Safety
• This is a hard challenge. Please be physically and mentally prepared to face it. It is highly encouraged to start training prior to February in preparation. Stay hydrated! That doesn’t mean drink soda and beer. Drink plenty of water and eat! You will be burning a lot of calories so stay fueled.
• Use the proper footwear, equipment and clothing dependent on your running environment. If you feel any pain, stop immediately and seek appropriate medical care. Only you can know when to stop so please use common sense. Due to the abundance of dangerous drivers these days, use caution when running outside.
• Obey all local, state and federal laws.
• Team Taji recommends that you consult your primary care physician before beginning the Taji 100 Challenge, any new exercise/ workout program, or new diet.